From NA World Services:
We are excited to be working on a local service toolbox—a collection of tools that reflect our Fellowship’s best practices and experiences delivering services locally. The 2016 Conference Agenda Report asked members to identify priorities for new or revised service materials, and local/area tools/toolbox was the first priority identified.
We already have some materials, such as PR, Planning, and H&I Basics, but there are so many more we lack or that we have not revised or adapted in years. The “Basics” seem to be a good approach for us because they are perhaps less overwhelming than a large handbook, and they are easier to translate and revise. We believe a “toolbox” with small-scale pieces will have the same advantages. Our first such piece is CBDM Basics, and you will find a draft below.
Whether you are a service veteran or an area service newcomer, we could use your help.
What can you do?
- Sign up for project updates by emailing email@example.com
- Give input on the CBDM Basics draft posted below by 5 July 2017
- Send us any tools that have been helpful locally—sample agendas, workshops, guidelines, policies, budgeting tools, project outlines, you name it. If it’s helped your local service delivery, it will probably help others.
- Share your ideas and experience in our local service toolbox web meetings. These will be announced to all who signed up at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help spread the word and raise awareness locally
CBDM Basics draft – input due 5 July 2017 – PDF
CBDM Basics Input Form