From the Narcotics Anonymous World Board:
We are writing with lots of news and announcements.
Issue Discussion Topics
Issue Discussion Topics (IDTs) are subjects that encourage us to think more deeply about relevant topics and help build unity within our groups and service bodies. The IDTs for this cycle are Carrying the NA Message and Making NA Attractive, Attracting Members to Service, and Drug Replacement Therapy (DRT) and Medically Assisted Treatment (MAT) and NA. Workshop material including Session outlines, PowerPoints, and handouts have been posted at www.na.org/idt. That page also has a section with general discussion/workshop tools. Please send the results of your workshops to email@example.com. You can type up the responses and send them in or just send in pictures of the note sheets.
Every three years, we conduct a membership survey to gather information about our Fellowship, in order to strengthen our public relations efforts and learn more about how and where we carry our message of recovery. The survey will be posted at www.na.org/survey until the end of the year. Please consider filling out the surveywhich is anonymousand forwarding the link to other members.
Spiritual Principle a Day Book Project
We need your help letting everyone know about our current book project. The book will explore a spiritual principle each day, in a similar style to the Just for Today daily meditation book. We just posted online forms as well as workshop materials for members to submit their writing. Check it out at www.na.org/spad and spread the word. Thank you for your service!
Yours in service,
In this issue
- Cover Poster (click the cover for a shareable/printable cover poster)
- From the editor, p 2 (click on A Vision for NA Service) and (click on https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NAWay to take the survey)
- Additional content, p 2 (click box for a shareable/printable WCNA history poster)
- NA Way @ WCNA 37, p 4 (click on the box to be of service!)
- WSC 2018, p 10 (click on box to hear the Serenity Prayer in 25 languages)
- NA Way Reader Survey, p 17 (click links to complete and/or email your survey)
- Links throughout, including links to many area, regional, and zonal forum websites
- Feature: Recovering in Thailand
- Basic caption contest: Last chance to send a caption for this photo!
- WCNA 22 and WCNA 19 stories
- Service center: WSC 2018 highlights
- Picture this: Three full pages of home group and event photos
- NA Way Reader Survey: Help us improve your NA Way Magazine!
- Product Update & Coming Soon: 2018 World Regional Map and NA Lit Timeline banners
Contribute a story, artwork, photo, or other material!
(Or just tell us what you like and dont like about The NA Way)
Your electronic version of The NA Way Magazine is provided in PDF format, which allows you to view the magazine as it appears in print form (plus its in color instead of black and white). PDF files are large, so you may want to download it to your local hard drive and then open the file.
OASC GSR September Task List
- Please solicit for open position of APF contact
- Please solicit for the Regional position of Vice Chair.
- Waimanalo Mixed Plate will NOT have their meetings on September 22 and 23 due to the NA Campout.
- NA Kane is changing their meeting time to 6:30-7:45 pm. Day, location and format of the meeting remain the same.
- Living Clean 4 Ewa (7-8:30 pm Friday nights) is looking for members to get into service at the homegroup level.
- Wave of Recovery needs support. Friday, 7-8:30 pm, 95-410 Kuahelani Ave. Mililani, HI
- Kamaile NA will be making the dinner for the NA Campout on Saturday night.
- NA Campout is still looking for literature donations for the clean time count down.
- Registration for the NA Campout is now being accepted. The camp will be held September 21, 22, 23 at Kualoa Regional Park (all the way in the back camp site) and will cost $15.00 presale (September 14 is the deadline for presale), $20.00 at the door. When sending in your registration for the NA Campout, the mail needs to be addressed as below or the mail will be rejected…Narcotics Anonymous Campout C/O Lovelyn Apilando
PO Box 1508
Kaneohe, HI 96744Reminder that if you are not camping, you will need to park outside the park as the gates will be locked at 8 pm. The gates will open at 8 am on Friday morning. Friday night’s dinner is a potluck so please bring a dish to share with everyone.
- Seeking artwork submissions for HRCNA XXVII. Submissions can be submitted to any committee member. Deadline for submissions is December 2018. Still looking for a decorations chair. Next meeting will be September 4, 2018 at 6:30 pm. Call Berwin 808-728-4417, Carlos 808-782-1298, Jon 808-721-5924 or David 808-343-8054 for location.
- The next Gathering committee meeting will be held some time this month to be announced later at 99 Ranch Moanalua at 2:00 pm. The positions of Maintenance, Decorations and Operations are still open and in need of being filled.
- H & I is still looking for members to get in service bringing the message of recovery into our finer institutions. Please contact Lovelyn at 808-342-3884 for more information.
- Next Voluncore training; September 11 & 13, 2018. Tuesday &-Thursday 5:45pm to 9pm
- The Phoneline is looking for members to get into service with the phoneline. Contact Elton S. at 808-253-9077 ifinterested. Our next meeting will be held in October.
- Start to Live Potluck Anniversary Dance, Friday, October 12, meeting 6-7pm, dance at 7:15-10 pm. $5.00 presale tickets. $6.00 at the door. Helping Hands available. Children free.
- Next Regional meeting to be held on Oahu at the 5 Regents building in Salt Lake, 10 am – 5 pm, October 13 & 14. Looking for members in the downtown area to host members from the outer islands for the weekend. If interested, contact Joey C. 808-381-5249.
- October Area meeting moved from October 14th to October 21st due to the Regional meeting being held the same weekend.
- The Holiday Narathon will be held at the Kokokahi YWCA in Kaneohe, 6pm on the eve until 6 pm on the day. More to be revealed.
The Asia Pacific Forum Newsletter No. 49, September 2018 is now available:
APF Newsletter Editor