Oahu Area Activities will host the Christmas NArathon 2018:
Where: YWCA Kokokahi, 45-035 Kaneohe Bay Drive, Kaneohe, Hi 96744
When: December 24th, 2018 starting at 6:00pm and ends on December 25th, 2018, ends at 6:00pm.
A potluck will be held on the December 24th at 7:30pm.
For questions and volunteers please contact Val K, (808) 364-7487
We have excess merchandise from the Hawaii Regional Convention of NA held on Maui this past October.
You can order t-shirts and lapel pins with a credit or debit card over the internet here:
Quantities are limited and you may not get what you want .
HRCNA 26 Host Committee
Sunday Ohana on Oahu is changing location beginning November 4, 2018.
The new location is the same as the Saturday Night Honolulu Group, The Cathedral of St. Andrew, 229 Queen Emma Square, building closest to Queen Emma Street.
The start and closing times are the same, 7:30PM to 9:00PM.
The old meeting location at Sacred Hearts Church is being renovated. We are unsure if the meeting will return there in the future.
Mahalo Nui Loa,
Sunday Ohana Group
We have just posted a survey about WCNA 37, and we encourage you all to take some time to fill it out. The survey is posted here www.na.org/survey. It will be online through the end of November.
This convention was the biggest World Convention ever, with 21,400 people registered and 1,100 newcomer badges given out. We tried a number of new things including a new electronic registration system, a new system to sign up to volunteer, and a mobile app for the Convention.
There were more than 80 workshops at the convention as well as seven main meetings, six World Board forums, eight Keep Giving Back workshops, and four public relations forums. For the second time, we offered a free link to the audio of the main meetings and had thousands of those connections, plus more than 80 Zoom connections to the Unity Day meeting on Sunday.
We hope youll let us know what you think went well and what we need to work on for next time.
Many of you have asked whether we will have merchandise from the Convention available, and we are still taking inventory and making a determination. We will email you if we do make some merchandise available for sale.
Audio recordings of the convention are for sale. You can find the link at www.na.org/wcna. We hire a company to provide this service, so please purchase the recordings you want rather than obtaining them in some other way. If members dont pay for the recordings, it will be increasingly difficult for us to find a willing vendor.
If youre looking for more ways to relive the WCNA experience, keep your eyes open for the next issue of The NA Way Magazine, which will be a special edition devoted to the convention.
Thank you to all who helped make this convention a success. It didnt happen by magic, but through the hard work of hundreds of volunteers. Thank you!
Yours in service,
The Royal Lahaina Resort has been sold out!
The HRCNA XXVI Committee has secured an alternative hotel for the convention with a discounted rate at the Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas (map).
To make your reservation please contact a staff member directly at the hotel. Please call Kei at the hotel, 808-442-6012. Or you can email her at Idahleekeishelle.Barroga@aqua-aston.com with your request.
Please identify yourself as a participant of the Hawaii Regional Convention of Narcotics Anonymous to receive the discounted room rate.
Do not attempt to make your reservation directly thru their website or call the normal hotel reservation line because you will not get the discounted room rate!
Any questions about the convention please email the committee at email@example.com
From the Narcotics Anonymous World Board:
We are writing with lots of news and announcements.
Issue Discussion Topics
Issue Discussion Topics (IDTs) are subjects that encourage us to think more deeply about relevant topics and help build unity within our groups and service bodies. The IDTs for this cycle are Carrying the NA Message and Making NA Attractive, Attracting Members to Service, and Drug Replacement Therapy (DRT) and Medically Assisted Treatment (MAT) and NA. Workshop material including Session outlines, PowerPoints, and handouts have been posted at www.na.org/idt. That page also has a section with general discussion/workshop tools. Please send the results of your workshops to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can type up the responses and send them in or just send in pictures of the note sheets.
Every three years, we conduct a membership survey to gather information about our Fellowship, in order to strengthen our public relations efforts and learn more about how and where we carry our message of recovery. The survey will be posted at www.na.org/survey until the end of the year. Please consider filling out the surveywhich is anonymousand forwarding the link to other members.
Spiritual Principle a Day Book Project
We need your help letting everyone know about our current book project. The book will explore a spiritual principle each day, in a similar style to the Just for Today daily meditation book. We just posted online forms as well as workshop materials for members to submit their writing. Check it out at www.na.org/spad and spread the word. Thank you for your service!
Yours in service,
In this issue
- Cover Poster (click the cover for a shareable/printable cover poster)
- From the editor, p 2 (click on A Vision for NA Service) and (click on https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NAWay to take the survey)
- Additional content, p 2 (click box for a shareable/printable WCNA history poster)
- NA Way @ WCNA 37, p 4 (click on the box to be of service!)
- WSC 2018, p 10 (click on box to hear the Serenity Prayer in 25 languages)
- NA Way Reader Survey, p 17 (click links to complete and/or email your survey)
- Links throughout, including links to many area, regional, and zonal forum websites
- Feature: Recovering in Thailand
- Basic caption contest: Last chance to send a caption for this photo!
- WCNA 22 and WCNA 19 stories
- Service center: WSC 2018 highlights
- Picture this: Three full pages of home group and event photos
- NA Way Reader Survey: Help us improve your NA Way Magazine!
- Product Update & Coming Soon: 2018 World Regional Map and NA Lit Timeline banners
Contribute a story, artwork, photo, or other material!
(Or just tell us what you like and dont like about The NA Way)
Your electronic version of The NA Way Magazine is provided in PDF format, which allows you to view the magazine as it appears in print form (plus its in color instead of black and white). PDF files are large, so you may want to download it to your local hard drive and then open the file.
OASC GSR September Task List
- Please solicit for open position of APF contact
- Please solicit for the Regional position of Vice Chair.
- Waimanalo Mixed Plate will NOT have their meetings on September 22 and 23 due to the NA Campout.
- NA Kane is changing their meeting time to 6:30-7:45 pm. Day, location and format of the meeting remain the same.
- Living Clean 4 Ewa (7-8:30 pm Friday nights) is looking for members to get into service at the homegroup level.
- Wave of Recovery needs support. Friday, 7-8:30 pm, 95-410 Kuahelani Ave. Mililani, HI
- Kamaile NA will be making the dinner for the NA Campout on Saturday night.
- NA Campout is still looking for literature donations for the clean time count down.
- Registration for the NA Campout is now being accepted. The camp will be held September 21, 22, 23 at Kualoa Regional Park (all the way in the back camp site) and will cost $15.00 presale (September 14 is the deadline for presale), $20.00 at the door. When sending in your registration for the NA Campout, the mail needs to be addressed as below or the mail will be rejected…Narcotics Anonymous Campout C/O Lovelyn Apilando
PO Box 1508
Kaneohe, HI 96744Reminder that if you are not camping, you will need to park outside the park as the gates will be locked at 8 pm. The gates will open at 8 am on Friday morning. Friday night’s dinner is a potluck so please bring a dish to share with everyone.
- Seeking artwork submissions for HRCNA XXVII. Submissions can be submitted to any committee member. Deadline for submissions is December 2018. Still looking for a decorations chair. Next meeting will be September 4, 2018 at 6:30 pm. Call Berwin 808-728-4417, Carlos 808-782-1298, Jon 808-721-5924 or David 808-343-8054 for location.
- The next Gathering committee meeting will be held some time this month to be announced later at 99 Ranch Moanalua at 2:00 pm. The positions of Maintenance, Decorations and Operations are still open and in need of being filled.
- H & I is still looking for members to get in service bringing the message of recovery into our finer institutions. Please contact Lovelyn at 808-342-3884 for more information.
- Next Voluncore training; September 11 & 13, 2018. Tuesday &-Thursday 5:45pm to 9pm
- The Phoneline is looking for members to get into service with the phoneline. Contact Elton S. at 808-253-9077 ifinterested. Our next meeting will be held in October.
- Start to Live Potluck Anniversary Dance, Friday, October 12, meeting 6-7pm, dance at 7:15-10 pm. $5.00 presale tickets. $6.00 at the door. Helping Hands available. Children free.
- Next Regional meeting to be held on Oahu at the 5 Regents building in Salt Lake, 10 am – 5 pm, October 13 & 14. Looking for members in the downtown area to host members from the outer islands for the weekend. If interested, contact Joey C. 808-381-5249.
- October Area meeting moved from October 14th to October 21st due to the Regional meeting being held the same weekend.
- The Holiday Narathon will be held at the Kokokahi YWCA in Kaneohe, 6pm on the eve until 6 pm on the day. More to be revealed.